Happy Monday! And Happy St. Patrick’s Day!! We’re back to reality from our Florida Vacation. Oh, how I miss the sand, the ocean, and mostly … the warmth!! Here in MN … more snow today! :) I love this state … I love this state … I love this state …
But … on with a Spring project for today …
I remember doing all kinds of fun crafts for each holiday when I was little. One that always stands out in my mind each year when Easter rolls around, however, were washcloth bunnies.
I can remember making ‘em with my cousins, and they were always so much fun … and super easy! I decided to give them a try now as an adult … with my two boys to help. Owen and Charlie got a kick out of the finished product! They couldn’t stop giggling at the finished bunnies … once they finally figured out what on earth we were trying to make.
You could make these bunnies with washcloths you already have on hand … in any fun color you choose! I stuck with a pack of new white washcloths from Target (because they were on clearance for $2.97 for an 8 pack … can’t pass up that deal)!
Soooo … Want to give these guys a try this year?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ribbon or Baker’s Twine (or both!)
- Glue on eyes
- Small Pom Poms for the noses
- Larger Poms OR yarn for the tail
- Glue (not pictured)
And here’s the step by step:
- Start with the washcloth laying flat
- From one corner, roll half the washcloth into the center
- From opposite corner, roll the other half of the washcloth into the center
- Fold the washcloth in half as shown
- Grasp the washcloth near the center
- Wrap your fingers around the center, and
- Fold the loose ends back
- Grasp the washcloth about an inch from the fold you just created.
- Tie a ribbon around the washcloth where you were just holding it
- Add an accent ribbon (optional)
- Add nose (small pom) and eyes (glue ‘em on)
- Add tail (large pom) OR
- Make tail pom with yarn; wrap yarn around three fingers and then
- Follow these detailed instructions on how to make yarn poms.
You can make a whole family of washcloth bunnies with that 8 pack of Target washcloths (we made 6 for some reason … not quite sure why)!
Hope your week is off to a good start! I’ll be back tomorrow to share some of our trip. Thanks for stopping by!