This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of H&R Block. All opinions are 100% mine.
Ummm … did you get the memo? We’re smack dab in the middle of tax season, my friends. And while you are probably thinking that there’s a million other things you wish I was posting about today, I’m actually here to spread some GOOD news regarding taxes.
What’s that? Good news, you say? Something positive about getting your taxes done?
Yes, y’all. There are some great reasons to stop procrastinating and just get them done. Need some extra motivation?
I’ve got 5 reasons why you should be excited (maybe too strong of word … how about motivated) to get them filed. Think of it as my free pep talk to all of you who haven’t ‘gotten around to it just yet’ (and that includes yours truly):
- To simply get it off your mind! It has to be done, so you might as well get it done NOW to clear your head (you don’t need another thing weighing on your mind). Enjoy your Spring without the thought of taxes nagging at you in the background.
- If you haven’t created a budget for 2015, gathering the information for taxes forces you to review where your money was spent last year, and helps you make an informed and realistic budget for this year!
- Think of it as ‘exercise for your brain’. Okay … this one might be a stretch, but for those of you that don’t deal with numbers all the time, it’s a good change of pace. #positivethinking
- You can feel patriotic … you’ve done your duty as an American!
- Extra money in your pocket!! And this is obviously the best reason of all!! According to the IRS, the average refund is $2800. Two thousand eight hundred dollars!!! Start planning that summer vacation! Or that new couch you’ve been eyeing.
Still looking for more motivation to get things moving?
If you happen to be in the Minneapolis area, H&R Block is giving us a reason to CELEBRATE Refund Season! This Saturday, March 14th, H&R Block will be at the Mall of America with an interactive, digital kiosk for consumers to experience and get a chance to celebrate Refund Season with real cash prizes. Did you catch that … CASH PRIZES!!
Get some shopping done, then stop on over and meet the folks from H&R Block, get excited about getting your taxes filed, and just maybe walk away with some cold hard cash in your pocket! They will be there from 11am – 3pm. Look for us there, too! We’ll be the ones corralling three small blonde boys while checking out the kiosk (and hoping for a bit of luck!).
Have you seen H&R Block’s “Get Your Billions Back, America” campaign on TV yet? You may have seen the commercials with the Bow Tie Wearing tax preparer. It references the $300 Billion the IRS delivered in tax refunds last year. Billon … with a ‘B’. My word that’s a lot of money.
Do you get stressed about preparing and filing your taxes each year? Well, my friends, take comfort in the fact that Albert Einstein, regarded by some as the smartest man who ever lived, was also not a fan of figuring out his own taxes, once remarking, “The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.” Feel better?
This tax season, H&R Block’s more than 80,000 tax professionals can help you celebrate Refund Season by providing expert tax preparation advice. You don’t want to miss out on your portion of that $300 Billion!! H&R Block will help you get the most money back – guaranteed, based on the Maximum Refund Guarantee. Be sure to visit H&R Block’s website for more information.
This “Get Your Billions Back, America” campaign includes a nationwide tour of an interactive experience that gives consumers the opportunity to celebrate Refund Season with real prizes, including the chance to win a cash prize of $2,800 (the average refund amount according to the IRS). This Refund Season road tour launched at the end of January and will go steady through April. It’s scheduled to visit eight cities across the country, so if you’re not in the Minneapolis area this weekend … be sure to check in a city near you!
More Free Stuff:
To celebrate refund season, I’m also giving away three $25 Mastercard Gift Cards courtesy of H&R Block. To enter … just leave a comment below letting me know what you plan on doing once you “Get Your Billions Back” this season!
I’ll go first … with $2800 I’d book a summer trip to Colorado this summer with the whole family! I’d love to show the boys the mountains for the first time!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you at the Mall of America this Saturday from 11am – 3pm to ‘celebrate’ all things tax related! You can also follow along on social media: