I have a super fun post for you today! Happy Hour with some of my favorite bloggers!! We’re each sharing one of our favorite drink recipes with you! So … pull up a stool, or better yet … a patio chair, and join us for our Spring Edition of Drinks with the Girls!
Don’t they all look fabulous?!?! I’d like one of each, please (in the virgin form, however … just over 4 weeks to go)!! Before we get to all those fancy drinks, let’s start with my drink:
POMEGRANATE GINGER COCKTAIL (AND MOCKTAIL)
There are several reasons I love this drink. The number one reason is that it’s EASY!! Super EASY!!! If you know me (when I’m not preggo), I am a huge fan of beer and wine … not cocktails so much. I’ve come to realize that a main reason for this is that it take zero amount of work to pour a glass of vino or pop the top of a beer (and pouring it into a glass if we’re getting fancy).
This recipe is almost that easy. I gave a good attempt at making a ginger drink using fresh, muddled ginger last weekend when I had some friends over. It didn’t turn out, I made a huge mess of the kitchen, and I spent a good half hour trying to make these unsuccessful drinks. I learned my lesson … I like simple.
The second reason I love this drink is that it’s super easy to serve the non-alcoholic version (my mocktail) at the same time as the spiked version!
Ready to make one? Here’s all that you’ll need:
For 3-4 servings:
- 4 oz Ginger Beer
- 6 oz Pomegranate Juice
- 1.5 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 10 oz Ginger Ale (for the mama’s to be) or Champagne for the rest!
And here’s how easy it is to make (only 3 steps!!!)…
- Mix ginger beer, pomegranate juice, and fresh lime juice in carafe.
- Pour mixture into champagne glasses and fill half way.
- Top off glasses with ginger ale or champagne
This way, you can have the mix made up and have everyone ‘top’ with their beverage of choice! This would be perfect for a baby shower or anywhere you may be in mixed company (of drinkers and non drinkers).
Can you guess which one has the booze?
If you give this simple cocktail a try, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Now … stop over and check out the other fabulous drinks …
1. Strawberry Coconut Margarita by Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body
2. Soho Sangria by SohoSonnet
3. Grasshopper by Life in Velvet
4. Hustler Cocktail by Addicted 2 DIY
5. Pomegranate Ginger Cocktail by View From the Fridge
6. Not So Classic Sidecar by A Prudent Life
7. Rosemary Hard Lemonade by Dolen Diaries
8. Elderflower Cocktail by My Cooking Spot
9. Detroit Cooler by Sypsie Designs
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed our ‘Happy Hour’ post today! Have a great weekend, and be sure to stop back tomorrow evening for DIY Sunday Showcase!