Yep, it’s NOVEMBER. And … since it’s the first Monday of the month, it’s time for the #makeit challenge!
This month our theme was ‘Turkeys’.
I’m not gonna lie … I had an abnormally hard time with this one. If you search Pinterest, there are a TON of adorable turkey projects and crafts out there, but I needed something a little more original … and different.
Finally, it came to me … Turkey Tic Tac Toe.
or maybe I should have called it Tic Tac Turkey.
Anyway … It’s a super easy craft AND it doubles as entertainment for the kids’ table at Thanksgiving.
A Win-Win. Fabulous.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THE LITTLE TURKEYS:
- Felt circles (hand cut … no need to be exact): I used a tan-ish color for these.
- Felt triangles (again .. hand cut).
- Two colors of buttons: orange and green
- Ribbons and/or Ric Rac in several colors
- Adhesive magnets
- Hot Glue Gun
And here’s the process:
- Fold the ric rac in half and hot glue to the felt base.
- Loop the ribbon and hot glue in between the ric rack
- Hot Glue the button on top
- Hot Glue the ‘beak’ felt triangle onto the button
- Stick the magnet on the back (even though it was adhesive … I still used Hot Glue stick it on better)
- Make a couple orange, a couple green … and play!
I had this old platter turned magnetic chalkboard that I made awhile back. With a little gold sparkly washi tape, I had the perfect Tic Tac TURKEY board!
A very festive craft and game …
Ready for more turkey inspiration in your life?
Well … I’ve got 8 more AWESOME Turkey projects for you to check out from my fellow bloggers: