So … I live in a house with four boys. And, yes … three of them are still little, but I know that soon they are going to get bigger. And play sports. And be sweaty. And probably stinky. And our house … Well … It may need some ‘freshening’ from time to time.
Also … Our
car minivan (shoot … still can’t quite come to terms with the fact that I rock the minivan everyday) is already in desperate need of some freshening … And preferably without a bunch of chemical scents!
To the rescue … A simple, two ingredient mixture in a cute jar!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Baking soda
- Your favorite essential oil(s) (I love using Lavender, but Purification is also a great choice to neutralize odors … )
- Small mason jar (this would also be great using baby food jars with small holes drilled in the top)
- Breathable fabric (I used burlap)
Mix it up!
To make this:
- Simply add enough baking soda to fill the jar about 3/4 full
- Add 10-15 drops of Essential Oil
- Put on the top and shake it up!
- Take off the top, stretch fabric over top and cut to size.
- Secure fabric by screwing on outer rim of jar
That’s it! We have one in the bathroom, one in the car, and one in our bedroom (because Lavender is great for sleep)!
And so much better than those store-bought air fresheners full of chemicals!
Thanks for stopping by today! If you’re interested in purchasing Lavender or any other Essential Oils, be sure to get some great information HERE. We have a great deal going on this month on the starter kit (11 of the most popular oils, a diffuser, a roller ball applicator, additional samples, PLUS an educational pack freebie:
Get all the details HERE.