We are hosting Thanksgiving again this year, so I’m not quite ready to dig into Christmas decor … just yet. That will have to wait until the Friday after Thanksgiving. Until then, we’re gearing up for Thanksgiving around here.
I have pinned lots of signs and artwork that look so simple to create … something I (with very limited artistic ability) could probably even make. One that really stuck with me was this awesome pallet art (I found it here … not sure about the original source):
I love the pallet … and I especially love the quote.
So, here’s my take on it:
Sorry for the weird angle … This particular spot faces a wall of windows, and I’m not skilled enough to figure out how to take a good picture, without glare.
Here’s another odd shot:
I love how this project turned out! In person, it’s much better even with the glare … take my word for it.
These two frames have been sitting on our bar for, oh, about 3 months just waiting for some art. They’re IKEA frames that my Mom bought for me at a consignment store (even cheaper than IKEA prices… can’t beat that)!
Interested? Here’s how it went down ….
- 22″ x 30″ Gold Chevron paper from Paper Source (2 sheets)
- 2″ black vinyl stick on letters from Target (in the poster-making aisle). I needed 4 packs to get enough H’s and P’s for this project.
- Frames from IKEA (or consignment store).
The process was super simple:
1. Cut chevron paper to fit frame.
2. Set mat on paper, figure out spacing of each row. I worked from the bottom up. One inch between each row.
3. Use a yardstick to keep your letters straight, and stick ’em on!
4. Frame and display!
That’s it! Simple DIY Thanksgiving art that reminds us to be Thankful. I just might leave it up all year
Now…what to do about my front porch. The two planters filled with dead mums just don’t shout, “Be Thankful.” Hmmm….
Want to see more great DIY hoilday signs? Check out the link party below:
Also linking up at these great parties!