Hi there! This week I’m back with another Salmon Recipe (our ‘food of the month’ for August). This one is also simple to make, and the boys absolutely LOVED it (and I loved to sit back and watch all that healthy salmon go in their mouths!!).
Today we’re making Baked Salmon with Lemon Caper Butter:
It’s a lot of capers in this recipe, but our family happens to absolutely LOVE them (probably a little too much). You can certainly reduce the amount of capers if your family isn’t quite as obsessed with them.
Baking salmon is super easy (and hard to mess up), and if you use foil … clean up is also a breeze!
The recipe (and full details are below), but basically, you line a baking sheet with foil and set on your lemon wedges plus a little salt and pepper to season:
And throw that into the love for about 25 minutes total. While it’s baking, you can whip up the lemon caper butter on the stove:
Once the salmon is done, you simply throw away the lemon wedges, remove the skin (which should easily fall off), place on a platter, and smother with butter!
Looks fancy, but it’s simple enough for a healthy weekday meal for yourself or your family!
We had this last week with some Sweet Potato Fries, and this Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Olive Oil and Capers (just to continue the caper theme … ). Delicious, healthy dinner that the boys (and Matt) love and fill up on!
Here’s the recipe and all the details:
- 1.5 lbs of Salmon with skin on (preferably wild caught)
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 Tablespoons of Butter (preferably from grass fed cows)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed through garlic press
- 4 tablespoons of capers (drained)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line baking sheet with foil
- Place Salmon onto foil, skin side down
- Place lemon wedges on top of Salmon
- Season Salmon with salt and pepper
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Then cover Salmon with foil and bake for another 15 minutes (until it flakes easily)
- While Salmon is cooking, prepare the butter sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium
- Once the butter is melted, add garlic, capers, lemon zest, and juice of the lemon
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste
- When Salmon is cooked, throw away the lemon slices, remove the skin using a spatula (should easily separate), place Salmon on a platter, and pour butter over the top.
I hope you and your family love this meal as much as ours! I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to find something healthy that the boys scarf down without objection, negotiation, and bribery (yep, we do resort to that last one at times)!
Each Wednesday in August we’ve been trying to feature a recipe with Salmon (although I missed a couple weeks already). You can find the other Salmon recipes HERE:
Happy Wednesday, y’all! We just got back from a trip to Minnesota’s North Shore for a couple days, so I hope to have a couple pictures and a quick recap on the blog (or on instagram) soon!