The 5th week of July … and our 5th avocado recipe to finish off the month!
Today, I’m sharing an awesome appetizer recipe … which also doubles as a healthy meal for any ol’ night!
Avocado Sweet Potato ‘Toast’:
It can serve as a fancy-schmancy and healthy appetizer for your next gathering … or lunch or dinner for your family alone!
You can pre make these ‘toasts’ with all the fixin’s and a toothpick … or lay the ingredients out and let your guests (or kids) make their own:
Delicious and easy to snack on (perfect party app):
The recipe details are below, but basically you peel and slice your sweet potatoes and bake:
While the toasts are baking, mash up your avocados and add salt to taste:
When potatoes are cooked, allow to cool then top with avocado spread and any of the toppings you like!
- 1 Large sweet potato; peeled
- 3 avocados
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil or Ghee
- Grape or Cherry tomatoes halved or quartered*
- Sliced Jalapeños*
- Sliced Pickles*
- Sliced Roast Beef*
- Stone Ground Mustard*
- *these ingredients are all optional 'toppings'. Pick and choose which ones you like or set them all out for your guests to pick from!
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Slice Sweet Potato into ~1/2" thick rounds
- Using oil or ghee, grease cooking sheet and lay sweet potato rounds onto sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes or until sweet potato slices are slightly soft
- While potatoes are baking, mash up avocados and add salt to taste.
- When sweet potatoes are done, let cool then spread mashed avocados on top
- Add tomatoes, jalapeños, pickles, roast beef, and mustard as desired (or set out these ingredients with toothpicks and let guests create their own)!
And these toasts are simple to eat (and I just couldn’t leave you today without a super awkward picture of me modeling the consumption of these ..)
Do you think Matt has a more promising future in food modeling?
Happy eating! I hope your guests (or families) enjoy this healthy snack (that can also double as a meal)!
This concludes our avocado recipe ideas for July!
Look for a new healthy ‘ingredient of the month’ next week in August! Oh, the anticipation …
You can see the rest of the avocado posts HERE, and check out our first avocado post of the month with all kinds of information (even a video) on WHY you should also love avocados, how to pick the best ones, and more (see all that HERE).