Who doesn’t love spray paint? It’s fantastic! I own just about every color Lowe’s carries (and three of the shiny gold … since I’m obsessed with it). This week, I actually have a project Steph did earlier this year and was posted on our blog (take 1). Since I just absolutely LOVED the project, I thought it was worth posting again. Also, since we just got back from Vegas hours ago (fantastic trip, by the way), this is great timing, as I did not get one actual project done this weekend. Vegas doesn’t leave much time for crafting. This ‘herd of jars’ is a 4 step, super easy project that will be cute to display AND help with some organizing (which I can always use)!
Fast forward…here’s the finished product:
Fun jars for organizing crafty stuff!
Here’s the brief how-to:
- empty glass jars of varying sizes
- hard plastic animals (I bought a ‘tube’ of animals at Target for like $2)
- hot glue gun
- Several colors of spray paint
- Remove all labels from glass jars and wash
- Remove lids, set aside glass jar. With hot glue gun, glue animal feet to the tops of the lids. Let dry.
- Prime, then spray paint entire lid + animal combo (we choose four colors: hot pink, lime green, turquoise, and orange). One can of spray paint was paint + primer, so it saved us a step!
- Let dry and fill!
Now we have storage that doubles as CUTE decor, too. Crayons, markers and glue sticks have a new home:
Skinny markers and homemade heart crayons:
I love, love, love how these turned out! This week’s theme from ‘GET YOUR DIY ON’ link party just happens to be spray paint projects. Check out more fun ideas with spray paint here:
(also check out her features from last week. Recognize any projects?)
Also linking up here: