Hi there! I went missing again, but his time I actually did go somewhere. Last Wednesday through Sunday, I was at my very first Blog Conference in Salt Lake City, SNAP. Can I tell you how weird it is to actually meet all these bloggers that I interact with … in real life?!? SO weird!! But also SO awesome! It was an amazing 4 days, and now I need a long nap. Or three. I left there all pumped up to make some great improvements to how I approach this blogging thing … and then I feel asleep while typing Sunday night.
And this week seems to be filling up quickly … birthdays to celebrate, concerts to attend, soccer practice, games, and pep rally, Twins game … aye.
But I’m sure you can relate … and I know listening to my schedule is NOT why you’re probably here today, so let’s get to the topic at hand …
Have you heard of these? A ‘Favorite Things’ party? Well … apparently, these were all the ‘thing’ about 5 years ago, but … um … I guess I missed that trend. When my friend Sara mentioned it earlier this spring, it was news to me.
If you also missed that trend … let me elaborate just a bit.
The idea is that everyone brings THREE of their very favorite things in life (that also happen to cost right around $10 … or whatever your limit is). Things you couldn’t live without. Things that make your life easier. Simple tricks and tips and products to share with the rest of us. From mommy to mommy, friend to friend, wife to wife.
Because … let’s face it, we can all use the help, right? (Or are you one of those ladies that is perfect in all ways?!?)
You tell me this pair of underwear will change my life?!?! Well … hand it over!
You say this mascara can make me look super fancy and glamorous?!? Well … that sounds like a treat and who doesnt’ want those smokin’ supermodel eyes?!
You say just one of these caramels will make me able to handle the chaos that is my life these days? Well … SIGN ME UP!
Yep, ladies … we had our first ‘Favorite Things’ party a couple weeks ago, and it was so much fun. SO. MUCH. FUN. And because I think you should run right out and plan YOUR first Favorite Things Party, I’m sharing a bit about it today on the blog!
We wanted a simple ‘theme’ for the party, and decided to just go with black and white with pops of chartreuse. It was a fun color scheme to go with and perfect for Spring!
For the party beverages and food, we served some of our favorite things:
My absolute favorite party dessert right now: Bundt-ini’s in assorted flavors from Nothin’ Bundt Cakes:
One of Sara’s faves: Lemon Ricotta Cookies from Whole Foods:
And everyone’s favorite: Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
Oh … and have you had these Macaroons before?!? AMAZING!!
And we had to have tulips. Because they are my favorite flower. Hands down.
We chatted … we ate … we drank some wine (and San Pellegrino) … talked some more … and finally decided to start the ‘favorite things’ sharing.
For this part, we all sat in the living room with three of our favorite thing that we each brought. First … the ‘presentation’ part. Each person went around and shared with the rest of us WHAT their favorite thing(s) was and WHY it was their favorite. We had cute little notepads (thanks, Sara) to take notes on all of the items as they were shared.
See those cute treat bags on the table filled with a pen, paper, and name tag??
And finally … after all the sharing was done, we each wrote our name on three pieces of paper and threw ’em into a bowl. After mixing, then we each drew out three cards and took those favorite items. Here are some of the favorite things presented:
Here’s a breakdown of what most of the favorite items were:
note: affiliate links ahead. I just means you pay the same amount for an item, but we get a slight (ever so slight) portion back. Help a girl out!
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel (these sound WAY TOO dangerous!!)
- Hanky Panky Thongs (for all those dresses and white capri’s you’ll be wearing this summer!
- They’re Real Benefit Mascara (Travel Size) (such a fun fave! And I need new mascara!)
- Dr. Bronners Castile Soap (I happen to use this for everything! It’s pretty much awesome!)
- The Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Tea (I’m trying to be a tea person. So far, no luck, though.
- PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter (less fat & calories … while still tasting good!)
- Viva Paper Towels (My friend swears by them … and once we get through our gynormous package of Costco paper towels .. I’ll give these a chance!)
- Burt’s Bees Lip (I tend to buy a lot of this … because you would NEVER want to be without chap sick!!)
- Wet Brush (for those of you with girls … )
- Frontera Chicken Skillet Sauce (I’ve had this … and it IS awesome!!)
- Nail Drying Drops from OPI (just paint a drop over your wet nails to dry them immediately!
- Baker’s Dipping Chocolate (Microwavable and perfect consistency for dipping away!)
- Glove n Care Hand Lotion (recommended from a Dental Hygienist … who washes her hands ALL. THE. TIME).
- Herbal Essence Dry Shampoo (who has time to wash and dry their hair everyday?? Not this lady!)
- Aquafor Ointment (for everything! dry hands, diaper cream, etc)
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil (to put a drop in the corner of your shower each morning for a spa-like experience)
- Peds Shoe Liners (to wear with all those cute heels and flats)!
And finally … my favorite thing:
Do you know how much you can do with this stuff!?!? Here’s the printable tag I attached to the jar (which you can download HERE):
And then we made these cute bags to take all the goods home in:
Now … I want to know what you’re ALL TIME favorite item is around your home? Think small … but AWESOME!
Thanks for stopping by. I’d love it if you’d also join me on Instagram! Now … off to take a leisurely nap. Oh wait … I have three little kids. #keepdreaming