Well, I have another sorta personal post for you today (sorry for the overload this week ….) More craftiness tomorrow … I promise!
At the end of January, I shared with you my 20 wishes for 2014. This is a project with 10 other blogger ‘hosts’ and several other bloggers that linked up. You can read about all the reasons for taking this challenge on in my first post here, but basically this list is more than New Years Resolutions. It’s a list of fun things. Things that create memories for us and our families. Things that we’ve always wanted to do. Things that we keep saying, “we should do that someday.” Well … the point of these lists is to make ‘someday’ happen this year!
This is my MONTH TWO progress report. Each of the bloggers taking part in this ‘project’ have posted their March (month 2) updates today. See below for the links to their sites, and check out their progress. Again this month, I’m not overly proud of what I can check off, but at least I made a little progress (see details below).
>> CO-HOSTS <<
Let me first give you the rundown of the other lovely ladies participating in this challenge. Be sure to stop over and check out their lists and their progress made in the first two months:
>> HERE’S YOUR PART <<
Now … here’s where YOU come in (we’d love some participation from you guys in this “challenge”). To give you some inspiration to join in this ‘project’, we’re offering some incentives (that always helps, huh?). Here’s the deal … write your own list OR give us an update on your list that you linked up last week. 20 things you’ve been wanting to do (seriously … this doesn’t take long … so go grab a pen / keyboard). Then, link ’em up here. Then, go DO those things. Each month, on the last Wednesday of the month, come back right here and share your progress.
Grab this button to help remind yourself to GET ON DOING THOSE THINGS (and to help you remember to come back and link up each month).
>> FREE STUFF <<
So … I mentioned that ‘incentive’ for linking up. This month, we’re giving away a knitted headband. And when I say “we”, I really mean Chrissy from the Brave Wanderer. Isn’t it adorable? Head over to her page and tell her thanks!! Link up to win at the bottom of this post.
>> MY PROGRESS <<
So … here’s my report card for March:
- Introduce the boys to the ocean. CHECK!! Hooray!! I can check my #1 wish off the list. If you missed it, we all went to Destin, FL a couple weeks ago, and it was BEAUTIFUL!! I still get excited to see the ocean, and the beach in Destin was overwhelmingly beautiful!
- Go camping. All four of us, or five of us (if this happens after May). Same as last month … No Progress. Some greenish grass is starting to peak through the snow around here, so this wish will actually be possible soon (except for the fact that I’m super pregnant now, and sleeping on the ground (even on a sleeping mat) sounds, well, terrible … stay tuned).
- Read 12 books (one a month). 1 book complete … Water For Elephants. The long trip to Florida helped me finish this off. 11 more to go. Better get to it!
- Grow a veggie garden this summer. Even if it’s only one kind. We have big plans for this to happen, as soon as the ground is unfrozen, but for now … No Progress.
- Waterski. See above. Water around here is still frozen solid. Matt’s parents bought a boat at the end of last summer, so this one should happen!!
- Try stand up paddle boarding (SUP) ditto what I just said above. I guess I could have tried in Destin, but being that my large belly is throwing off my center of balance, I think it will be best to wait until after baby #3 is here. I want to give myself the greatest possibility for success here (I’m naturally pretty clumsy).
- Go see at least 5 concerts (any live music counts). No Progress. Argh.
- Go away for the weekend, just Matt and I. No Progress. I’m now thinking this Fall sounds good for a getaway. Who wants to sign up to babysit a newborn, 2 year old, and 4 year old?!?
- Run a ‘race’. 10K or longer. Yep … No Progress. Have to wait until after baby is here (I know … excuses, excuses…)
- Family coordinated Halloween costumes this year. Wrong time of year … No Progress.
- Go to a train museum (for the boys). April will be our month! No progress as of yet, though.
- Do a family volunteer day. No progress, but our church is having a Feed My Starving Kids family event in a couple weeks. I should be able to check this one off soon!
- Figure out a fun project to do with my wedding dress (that’s been hanging on a the door to my old bedroom at my mom’s house for nearly 7 years!!) No Progress. At. All.
- Go on a family trip over Christmas instead of buying presents. No plans as of yet.
- Ride the trolley at Lake Harriet with the boys. Wrong time of year.
- Teach at Vacation Bible School again this year. It’s hard work, but SO, SO rewarding. Wait ’til June.
- Take the boys to a Twins game. We have all of our tickets purchased, but the first game isn’t for a month or so. Should be able to cross this one off soon, though!
- Go do a Barre workout at the studio. No progress (pulling the pregnancy card again here).
- Learn how to make a quilt. Not a blanket … an actual quilt. Nope. I got nothin’ put the quilts I’ve pinned
- Take some sort of creative class … photography lessons, sewing lessons (maybe to learn how to make a quilt??), chalk paint class at this store nearby, craft night, painting (yikes), something …. with a friend and preferably some wine (if it’s after May). I tried HARD to get into a painting class with a couple of my friends, but it was full by the time we got organized. April is looking good for this one, though!
Well, this list is a little better than last month. At least I have the one BIG one checked off (see the ocean). Check back next month … same place, same time, to see if I can cross a couple more off (fingers crossed). On with the fun stuff …
>> GIVEAWAY <<
>> LINK PAR-TAAY <<
Lots of personal posts this week, jeez!! Have you had enough of my ramblings?!? Well, stop back tomorrow and I should have some more craftiness for you! And … as always, thank you for stopping by!!