>> MY 20 WISHES FOR 2014 <<
So, are you thinking …. “Hey, lady you’re a month late with your New Years Resolutions?” Or maybe (if you’re a committed reader … ha!) “Didn’t you already make your 2014 Resolutions?” (you’d be correct, by the way, I did make 10 resolutions … read about ’em here).
Well … THIS is a completely different type of list. When I was asked by Kassi and Kayli over at Truly Lovely to participate with a group of 8 other ladies on this project, I jumped at the chance! The idea behind THIS list (this 20 wishes) is to remind ourselves to start LIVING. To do the things we’ve been thinking and dreaming about. To take that trip, go see that show, visit that fun place nearby that you keep meaning to go, eat at that fancy restaurant, buy some red high heels (what’s up Kellie Pickler??), etc (see where I’m going here??).
You can read about why Kassi and Kayli originally round one of this project back a little over a year ago here. I can summarize for you, however in three words: LIFE IS SHORT. It’s too short. For anyone that’s lost someone close, this will hit close to home. I’ll spare you a long sob story here, but I lost my dad last April. He loved life. He lived in the moment. He just made a point to DO the things he loved and the things he dreamed about. His life was cut a little shorter than planned, but it was lived TO THE FULLEST. That’s my inspiration here. To make a list of the things I WANT to do this year, and then go DO them. Yep, I made 10 resolutions about the things I should do; exercise (not going too well, by the way), eat healthy, do laundry on a regular basis (which reminds me …), etc. And yes, I’m still going to work on these things (I haven’t given up yet … it’s not even February!), but THIS 20 wishes is stuff that I want to do. Fun stuff. Stuff I’ll remember, stuff my boys will remember, stuff that makes life worth living. My list isn’t overly ambitious (keeping in mind that baby 3 is arriving in May, thus traveling to the ends of the earth this year probably aren’t in the cards).
>> WE NEED YOU <<
Now … here’s where YOU come in (didn’t think you were getting off that easy, did you?). To give you some inspiration to join in this ‘project’, we’re offering some incentives (that always helps, huh?). Here’s the deal … write your own list. 20 things you’ve been wanting to do (seriously … this doesn’t take long … so go grab a pen). Then, link ’em up here. By doing so, you’re officially entered in this month’s giveaway (there will be one every month to keep the motivation going…). Then, go DO those things. Each month, on the last Wednesday of the month, come back right here and share your progress.
Grab this button to help remind yourself to GET ON DOING THOSE THINGS (and to help you remember to come back and link up each month).
>> CO HOSTS <<
Here are your lovely co-hosts in this project (be sure to go check out their lists today …):
>> FREE STUFF <<
We aren’t requiring you to follow anyone, the only mandatory entry is linking up to this party with your list of 20 wishes. BUT the more you do the more entries you’ll receive and I can personally promise you if you do follow, like, etc and of these awesome ladies you WILL NOT be disappointed!
>> MY 20 <<
- Introduce the boys to the ocean. We live in Minnesota. Smack dab in the middle of this continent. We don’t see the ocean as often as we’d like, and the boys (Owen – almost 4, Charlie – almost 2), have never see it. So … mission 1 this year is to make a trip to either coast, with the boys, and put our toes into Ocean. Suggestions welcome …
- Go camping. All four of us, our five of us (if this happens after May).
- Read 12 books (one a month)
- Grow a veggie garden this summer. Even if it’s only one kind.
- Try stand up paddleboarding (SUP)
- Go see at least 5 concerts (any live music counts)
- Go away for the weekend, just Matt and I
- Run a ‘race’. 10K or longer. This might sound more like a should do, but I really enjoy the challenge, the teamwork, the whole event.
- Family coordinated Halloween costumes this year. You know … a theme that we all go as a character.
- Go to a train museum (for the boys).
- Do a family volunteer day.
- Figure out a fun project to do with my wedding dress (that’s been hanging on a the door to my old bedroom at my mom’s house for nearly 7 years!!) Angela, I was inspired by your wedding dress tree skirt. Love it!
- Go on a family trip over Christmas instead of buying presents.
- Ride the trolley at Lake Harriet with the boys.
- Teach at Vacation Bible School again this year. It’s hard work, but SO, SO rewarding.
- Take the boys to a Twins game.
- Go do a Barre workout at the studio.
- Learn how to make a quilt. Not a blanket … an actual quilt.
- Take some sort of creative class … photography lessons, sewing lessons (maybe to learn how to make a quilt??), chalk paint class at this store nearby, craft night, painting (yikes), something …. with a friend and preferably some wine (if it’s after May).
Yep … there you have it. My 20 things to DO this year. Several of these can’t happen until summer / fall, but there’s a couple we can get on in the next month. I’ll be back to update you on the last Wednesday of February! Now … on with the free stuff and party …
>> GIVEAWAY <<
>> LINK PAR-TAAY <<